I have training in Web Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design and Fine Arts. I've learned the important of not just making aesthetically pleasing designs, but also the importance of the user, in this instance, the web user and potential clients. I understand how vital an intuitive interface can be. Bringing customers you your website and making their experience a pleasant one, is a major priority for me.
- HTML, HTML5
- CSS, CSS3
- Acrobat Forms
- Microsoft Word
Web Design, freelance work, Seattle, WA 2010 to present
- Clients include:
- Melissa Peil, Mystical Awakenings: www.mysticalawakenings.com
- Tyler Schuldt and Reama Rahman, wedding website: www.tylerandreama.com
- Teresa Reiter, One Sweet Life (banner)
U. S. Census Bureau, Seattle, WA February 2010 to June 2010
- Supervised 20 enumerators and 2 crew leader assistants during field operations;
conducted training and on-the-job guidance for enumerators
- Performed preparatory duties and becoming familiar with the areas where employees would work
- Assigned duty areas to employees, observed employees in the field, and provided on-the-spot assistance and supervision
- Reviewed and certified daily payroll and progress reports and ensured that work was completed within established time schedules
- Advised supervisor of progress and performance, and made recommendations for dismissal of those who could not or would not perform required duties
- Raised public awareness of the 2010 Census by staffing or attending activities at local events, festivals, fairs, and meetings
- Assisted partnership specialists in conducting outreach with communities that were traditionally hard to count in the census; prepared and distributed promotional material
- Provided language support
Freelance Work, Seattle, WA and San Jose, CA 2002 to 2009
- As a freelancer, projects have included web design, photo editing, graphic design, sketching, digital illustrations and project management.
Time as a freelancer also includes years attending San Jose State University
- Highlights of work include:
- Developed and designed the very first website for the Sculpture Guild at San Jose State University utilizing Dreamweaver, HTML, Flash, Fireworks and Photoshop.
- Met with clients to determine their needs for the site. The site included a gallery of artwork, links and interactive calendar.
- Edited images and photos for 13th Street Cats using Photoshop
- Custom calendar development, including photo editing and design using Photoshop, Indesign, Excel and Illustrator
Administrative Assistant II, Foothill-De Anza Community College District, Los Altos, CA 1999 to 2002
- Provided administrative support for the Chief Technology Officer
- Initiated an online purchasing program to streamline the office supply buying process for the entire IT department
- Managed budget tracking, including cell phone use and year-to-year spending comparisons
- San Jose State University, San Jose, CA. B.A. Design Studies – Industrial Design Emphasis
- California State University, Long Beach, CA. Industrial Design coursework
- Irvine Valley College, Irvine, CA. A.A. General Studies
Please contact me at email@example.com or fill out my contact form.